Information continued below Easy Search Form
1. Contact your state identification bureau. You need to carry
all necessary procedures for your FBI Background Search
through the appropriate state identification bureau or state police.
2. Complete a cover letter. If you need the
FBI Background Search for your family,
then all members must sign the cover letter. Remember to include your complete address and the deadline (e.g. embassy interview), if any.
3. Obtain a set of your fingerprints. Known as proof of identity, a set of your
fingerprints are compulsory for your FBI Background Search.
Your fingerprints must be taken on a standard fingerprint form (FD-258), if possible by a fingerprinting technician.
4. Pay the service fee. Attach proof of payment for $18 dollars to your FBI Background Search file.
If you need the FBI Background Search for your family,
include $18 per person. You can pay the service via money certified check, money order, or credit card. Cash and personal checks are not accepted as forms of payment for your FBI Background Search.
5. Mail the items #2, #3, and #4 listed above to the following address: FBI CJIS Division – Record Request, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306.
The processing of your FBI Background Search
will take between 16 and 18 weeks. When your FBI Background Search is complete, you will receive either your fingerprints card with the stamp “No Record” or your FBI Information Record. However, keep in mind that you cannot request an FBI Background Search for another person. If you wish to carry out a comprehensive Background Search on a prospective date, employee, or business partner, you then have several other options than an FBI Background Search. You can check the county or courthouse databases where the person lives or has lived, or perform an online search using services such as www.BackgroundSearch.com, which specialize in accumulating publicly available record information from all over the United States.
Easy Search Steps: