How do I get a background search done on anyone?
1. You can run a background search on anyone at anytime.
2. Search your State, city, and county court websites for the person’s court records.
3. Request your own free credit report from Equifax, Experian or Trans Union.
4. Do-it-yourself background search, including criminal history, at BackgroundSearch.com
5. Google the person’s name, phone number, address, or email address.
6. Search for the person on Facebook, Linked-in, and other social platforms
Personal background checks
A background search or check is a review of an individuals’ (or organizations) criminal, financial, or commercial records. As a private citizen, you can run your own background search using publicly available records and online tools. Try searching your local government website, or visit the courthouse in person to pull public records like criminal history or birth, death, and marriage certificates. Some places will charge a small fee to do this.
You can also search for personal details on websites like BackgroundSearch.com, which provides a free background search service that you can do yourself. Or, you can use the website’s Instant Total Background Search for a small fee and get one of the most complete background checks available to private citizens. There are other websites that charge a fee, and may not always provide accurate information, so care is required. For a professional in depth approach, hire a private investigator who is skilled at pulling information on individuals.
If you are not an employer or landlord, then you are not required to request permission from the subject person to run a background search. However, requesting permission from the person in question will could make the process easier, as they can voluntarily give you access to information that is not available publicly.