FAQs of Background Search
Click on a question:
How do I get a background search done on anyone?
- You can run a background search on anyone at anytime.
- Search your State, city, and county court websites for the person’s court records.
- Request your own free credit report from Equifax, Experian or Trans Union.
- Do-it-yourself background search, including criminal history, at BackgroundSearch.com
- Google the person’s name, phone number, address, or email address.
- Search for the person on Facebook, Linked-in, and other social platforms.
How can I background search my own record for free?
- Request you own free credit reports from the three main Credit Reporting Agencies; Equifax, Experian or TransUnion, once per year.
- U.S. government also lets you get your own free credit reports at AnnualCreditReport.com.
- Request your public records, like court case files, from your state and local court websites. Sometimes, you may have to visit the courthouse in person.
- Do-it-yourself free background search your personal details on BackgroundSearch.com.
What do they look at in a background search?
How do Employers and Landlords get a background search?
- Employers and landlords follow the Fair Credit Report Act.
- Get written permission from the candidate to run a background search.
- Use an accredited Consumer Reporting Agency.
- Purchase a background search.
- Make the decision about employing or renting to the candidate.
- If the decision is no, candidates must be informed about negative info and where it was found.
How many years back does a background search go?
- The general time frame for a background search in the USA is 7 years.
- Some states might allow a background search that goes back up to 10 years..
- Exceptions are applied to background searches for high paying jobs.
- Some states limit reporting on criminal history to 7 years, but in most cases all past criminal violations can be reported.
- There are no regulations on how far back you can look into employment or education history.
How to get an On-Line Background Check for Free?
- Run a Search on Google
- Background Search You
- Tracing the Images
- Go through the Sex Offender Registry
- Social Media Tools
- Linked In
How can I search my background?
- Request criminal records from your local courthouse or state website.
- Ask for your yearly free credit report from Equifax, Experian or TransUnion.
- Search your driving record on the DMV website.
- Obtain academic transcripts from your schools and colleges.
- Run a name search for yourself on search engines and social media websites.
- Fastest and easiest method is to get a comprehensive background search from BackgroundSearch.com.
How to use 10 types of Background Search and what they Uncover
- Employment Background Search
- Criminal Background Search
- Universal Background Search
- OIG Background Search
- E-Verify Background Search
- Fingerprint Background Search
- International Background Search
- Credit Background Search
- Personal Background Search
- Professional Licenses Background Search