5 Steps To A Complete Employment Background Search
How Hard Is An Employment Background Search?
Performing an employment background search is the first step to analyzing and minimizing risks to your business, employees, and loved ones. There are different ways that this search can be done, and if you choose to do the employment background search yourself, there are many steps involved. Knowing the process and avoiding common mistakes will help you perform the searches in less time with less aggravation.
Information continued below Easy Search Form
5 Easy Steps To An Employment Background Search
- Check Past Employers During An Employment Background Search- Many times an applicant will lie about facts concerning previous employers, including the reason they no longer work at the former business. Falsifying or being deceptive about past jobs shows that the applicant may be dishonest in other areas as well.
- Verify Educational Degrees And Credentials During The Employment Background Search- There has been coverage lately in the news about many different people lying about their credentials, education, and even research results, so it is crucial that an employer verifies education and credential information instead of just relying on the word of the applicant. No one wants to hire an employee and find out later that the person is not qualified for the job.
- Investigate Any Criminal History When You Perform An Employment Background Search- As an employer, you want to protect your business and employees, and you can help do this by knowing the criminal histories of the people you come into contact with or that may affect your business. Crimes such as assault, battery, abuse, and others can give you a hint that the person may be violent, and crimes like fraud, theft, embezzlement, and robbery could make your loss risks higher.
- Search Court Records For A Complete Employment Background Search- Court records can give you information on any civil and criminal cases, including any lawsuits, judgments, bankruptcies, and other court related matters.
- Driving Records Should Be Included In An Employment Background Search- Driving infractions including speeding, reckless driving, careless driving, and other tickets or charges may put your business at risk for higher insurance premiums if this person will be driving a company vehicle. Knowing this information can help you keep your costs and your risks down.
Now you should complete steps one through five for every city, county, and state the subject has ever been to. This can add up to a lot of hours and days, and then there is the work involved, which can be very extensive. This is the main reason many people choose to go a different way for an employment background search.
Is There An Easier Way To Do An Employment Background Search?
If you want to do an employment background search , but you do not have a lot of free time or patience, there is an easier way. You can use an information aggregator, like BackgroundSearch.com, which operates a private database, full of information from many different public records databases. These services charge a small fee, but in return you get results quickly that are more thorough and accurate, because the records are kept current and updated regularly. An information aggregator can make your employment background search faster and more convenient.
Easy Search Steps:
1. Enter name in search form
2. Search hits are displayed for free
3. Select person(s) & info you need