Essential Facts About Michigan Criminal Record
Michigan criminal records are extremely valuable and helpful.
Michigan criminal records are accessible within a range of public documents, which may consist of national, state, federal, and county records. They usually can be retrieved for free, although in some cases a minimal amount may be required of you in order for you to avail yourself of Michigan criminal records. It would be good for you to know that criminal data, in Michigan or anywhere for that matter, are a matter of public knowledge, giving you the right to request access to Michigan criminal records.
Michigan criminal records tell us about Michigan crime rates.According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Uniform Crime Report released in 1997, which compare Michigan criminal record statistics to a nation-wide average of 100%: Michigan criminal records indicate a total crime rate of 109%, personal crime rate 110%, murder rate 115%, rape rate 145%, robbery rate 83%, assault rate 99%, property crime rate 107%, burglary rate 90%, larceny rate 99%, and a motor vehicle theft rate 133%.
Information continued below Easy Search Form
You can obtain Michigan criminal records from the following resources.
1. Michigan Attorney General.You may access Michigan criminal records via the online office of the Michigan Attorney General.
2. Michigan Supreme Court, Trial Courts and County CourthousesMichigan criminal records may also be obtained from Michigan court records. Moreover, you may get hold of information from Michigan criminal records regarding individuals who opt to represent themselves in judiciary proceedings via Michigan Self-Help.
3. Michigan Department of CorrectionsThe Department of Corrections of Michigan employs various programs which can also aid you in acquiring Michigan criminal records. Examples would include the Offender Tracking Information Systems; the programs on parole, probation residence in the community; and services offered for victims of crime. Michigan criminal records from here will also give you access to the list of Michigan’s most wanted escaped convicts.
4. Michigan State PoliceFrom the Michigan State Police you can obtain Michigan criminal records regarding Crime Prevention, Safety and Police Services, license and permit certification and other such matters, and the Criminal History Automation Project (CHAP). Know that law enforcement agencies in Michigan criminal records, especially the Michigan State Police, have been mandated to supply fingerprints and information regarding arrest in cases of charges with a possible sentence of greater than 92 days, particularly in cases of serious offenses and all felonies, contributing significantly to Michigan criminal records.
5. Michigan Sex Offender RegistryMichigan criminal records will also allow you to access its own Sex Offender Registry.
6. Criminal Justice Information Center (CJIC)
The Criminal Justice Information Center (CJIC) is the main repository for Michigan criminal records, for information and records regarding all allegations, arraignments, arrests, and guilty verdicts of serious crimes in the state of Michigan. Here, Michigan criminal records are pieced together from information and data compiled from the courts, prosecutors and law enforcers. It is also home to the Criminal Records Reporting Manual for Michigan criminal records.
2. Search hits are displayed for free
3. Select person(s) & info you need