5 Top Reasons for Doing a Background Search Canada
When performing a Background Search Canada
over the Internet or by any other means, you should always have in mind your particular reasons for carrying it out. Here are the top five reasons why most companies or individuals choose to conduct a Background Search Canada.
1. Negligent hiring litigation. Over the past few years, companies have started to be held liable in
wrongful hiring cases for not completing a through Background Search Canada investigation.
The estimates average cost of each incident of this kind is around $150,000. In short, companies and individuals alike have to face justice not only because of what they know about a person, but also because of what they should have known about a person from a Background Search Canada. There is no way around this, therefore not doing a Background Search Canada is as dangerous a practice as not purchasing insurance. Doing a Background Search Canada will alert you if your potential job applicant or tenant is a dangerous person.
Information continued below Easy Search Form
2. On-the-job violence. Workplace violence has become a tremendous problem, with homicide ranking #2 among the most frequent causes of death in the workplace. Moreover, the estimated average cost of such an incident is $1 million.
If a Background Search Canada is no performed before hiring anyone,
not only can there be a high human cost, but you will also have to meet the cost of business disruption. Very often traumatic incidents can result in firings or resignations. If you choose not to perform a Background Search Canada and your employees decide to quit after an incident of workplace violence, the cost of training and rehiring and the expensive litigation are also significant factors.
3. False skill, education, or training claims. A person whom you have hired or are looking to
hire without performing a Background Search Canada first is likely to become a major problem
or your business if they have lied about their previous experience, training or education. A recent study has revealed that some 53% of applications contain some degree of falsehoods, making a Background Search Canada imperative. Not carrying out a Background Search Canada in this situation results in hiring incompetent, if not dangerous people. Not finding false data provided in application through a Background Search Canada can also lead to loss of business, high liability exposure, loss of productivity, as well as high turnover. For such incidents, the average estimated cost is approximately $32,000.
4. Employee theft and fraud. According to the US Chamber of Commerce, about 30% of all business failures are caused by employee theft and fraud. Since 70% of these crimes are the work of repeat offenders,
doing a Background Search Canada is your best protection.
A comprehensive Background Search Canada should include criminal, workers, civil compensation and Registry of Motor Vehicles Background Searchs.
5. Lawsuits and false claims. There are many people who use fraudulent insurance and workmen’s compensation claims to initiate lawsuits against their employers. In order to make sure that your potential employees are not there to take advantage of your business, make sure you perform a Background Search Canada. You can conduct a Background Search Canada using reputable online services such as www.BackgroundSearch.com .
Easy Search Steps:
- Enter name in search form
- Search hits are displayed for free
- Select person(s) & info you need